Faculty Course Reserves
Course reserves allow authorized UTC users access to supplementary course materials and readings.
2021-22 Course Reserve Policies and Practices:
- Faculty are encouraged to utilize electronic materials and upload or link to them within UTC Learn (Canvas) in lieu of placing materials on physical course reserve.
- Physical course reserve loan period options will include a 3-hour, 1-day, 3-day, or 7-day loan period.
- Physical course reserve materials will be sanitized upon return.
- Any items not being currently utilized for a course will be removed from Course Reserves.
- Please allow sufficient time for processing. The library processes reserve materials as they come in. We strive for a 24-hour turnaround time; however, during peak times at the beginning of semesters, it may take longer.
- See the Submission Guidelines for more information on course reserves.
To facilitate this emphasis on electronic materials, faculty members can request electronic versions of books and materials, including the scanning of journal articles or book chapters as permitted under copyright law, or consult with their Library Departmental Liaison for help in considering alternative materials. For questions about the fair use of materials, see our Copyright and Fair Use Information.
Please note that electronic versions of textbooks are often unavailable for licensing by academic libraries. This includes the following publishers: Pearson, Cengage, McGraw Hill, Houghton, Oxford University Press, Elsevier, and Thieme.