Linking to UTC Library Materials
Canvas (add link)
Add a Link in UTCLearn (Canvas)
There are two ways you might add a link in UTCLearn (Canvas), either as an item in a module or as a link on a page.
Add an Item to a Module
- Once you’ve created a module, click + to add a new item.
- Select External URL from the Add drop-down menu.
- Paste the URL, give the link a Page Name.
Please Note: Some links will display nicely without loading in a new tab, others will not. Always review to see that it displayed properly. If not, make sure to check Load in a new tab.
Add a Link to a Page
- In the page editor, highlight the text you want to hyperlink.
- Click Link to URL.
- Paste the link and click Insert Link.
Please Note: All links inserted on pages will automatically open in a new tab.
How to Test
Always test your links to make sure your students can access the materials without issue.
- Open a browser that you don’t use regularly (i.e. one that won’t have any saved passwords, cached history, etc).
- Test the link to make sure it takes you to the UTCID and Password login page.
- Login and ensure the correct article comes up.
- If you are testing more than one link, clear the browsing history (including cache) each time and repeat steps 2 and 3.
Let Us Do It
Do you need some more guidance on this process? Do you want us to test your links for you? Email any inquiries to [email protected].