Who is Covered by the Policy?
The SMRVS policy applies to all members of the University community including:
- Employees (both faculty & staff)
- Independent Contractors
- Visitors (i.e. visiting professors, guest lecturers)
- Any individuals regularly or temporarily employed, living, visiting, conducting business or having any official capacity at the university.
"Choosing to make a report and deciding how to proceed after making the report can be a process that unfolds over time. Some members of the community are required to report any suspected or known instance of sexual violence. Even in such cases, the College will -- to the extent possible -- respect an individual’s autonomy in making these important decisions and provide support that will assist each individual in determining the best next steps."
- Provide safety and support for individuals affected by sexual misconduct
- Provide the complainant (the person who experienced the conduct) with options for response (i.e. investigation, counseling, etc.)
- Help create a safer campus community
Who can report?
Any individual can make a report to the Title IX Coordinator, Anitra Barrett, or any of the Deputy Title IX Coordinators.
How do I make a report?
Individuals can make a report to Anitra Barrett, Title IX Coordinator, or any of the Deputy Title IX Coordinators, by completing the online form, e-mailing [email protected], calling (423) 425-4255, or doing so in-person at 399 University Center.