UTC's Title IX Team members participated in University of Tennessee system-wide training facilitated by Grand River Solutions on August 5-6, 2020.
The training addressed the following required elements of the 2020 Title IX Regulations:
- The definitions of Prohibited Conduct included in the University’s Policy;
- The scope of the University’s education program or activity;
- How to conduct the grievance process outlined in the Policy and Appendices (including investigations, hearings, appeals, and informal resolution processes);
- How to serve impartially (including avoiding conflicts of interest, personal biases, and prejudgment of the facts of a matter); and
- How to evaluate relevance for evidence, relevance questions in the hearing, and drafting investigative reports that fairly summarize the evidence.
2020 Title IX Regulation Training Materials Day 1
2020 Title IX Regulation Training Materials Day 2
2020 Title IX Regulation Training Packet
UTC's Sexual Assault, Relationship Violence and Stalking Team members participated in a policy training facilitated by Title IX Coordinator Stephanie Rowland on September 14, 2020.
The training addressed the following:
- The new policy on Sexual Harassment, Sexual Assault, Dating and Domestic Violence and Stalking, including:
- New definitions for prohibited conduct
- How the grievance process works
- Investigation timeline
- Equal access
- Title IX and Title VII
- Supportive measures and interim actions
- Alternative resolutions
Sexual Assault, Relationship Violence and Stalking Team training 09142020