Applicants for admission as degree-seeking students who have been registered at another college or university are classified as transfer students.
Each incoming transfer student must submit a complete application file.
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Complete the admissions application
- Submit the $30 non-refundable application fee.
- Submit official high school transcript (or GED scores and a high school transcript).
- Submit transcripts from any colleges or universities attended. (All foreign transcripts are required to go through WES evaluation prior to the awarding of credit by the University.)
Once all information has been received, a decision will be made in 15 to 20 business days.
After you’re accepted, visit the Transfer Enrollment page for your next steps to becoming a Moc.
Requirements for admission as a transfer student
- A transfer student is required to have a 2.0 GPA or above and eligible to return to his or her last institution to be admitted.
- Incoming transfer students must meet the continuation standards described below.
After you have been accepted, visit the Transfer Enrollment page for your next steps to becoming a Moc.
Grades for all courses attempted will be used in determining the continuation standards. Any student who graduated from high school in 1989 or after and is transferring fewer than 60 hours of semester credit also must meet the minimum high school unit requirements and is required to take a UTC placement exam unless an exemption is granted.
Students who transfer less than 12 hours of college-level, non-developmental coursework must meet the minimum requirements for new freshmen.
Students whose records do not meet the standards required by the University for admission will be denied admission unless, in the opinion of the Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management and Student Success or his or her designate, acceptance on scholastic probation is justified.
If admitted on probation, students will be required to remove high school unit deficiencies within their first 30 hours of enrollment at UTC. Credits earned in such courses do not apply toward any degree requirements, including general education, major or elective requirements.