Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science
Your Environmental Science degree from UTC prepares you for dynamic and diverse careers in areas ranging from biodiversity to conservation and more. We have many departmental resources to support experiential learning and student research, including animal quarters, on-campus greenhouses, field stations in the Tennessee River Gorge and on the Tennessee River, aquatic research vessels and a 200-acre forested wetland research property. Plus, our strategic partnerships with many local environmental and scientific institutions provide our students with highly valuable internship opportunities directly related to their fields of study.
Careers in Environmental Science: Our graduates find careers as
- Environmental Consultants
- Project Managers
- Wetland Delineation Specialists
- Soil Scientists
- Field Technicians
- Geographic Information System Technicians
- Economic Environmental Scientists
- Stormwater Management Specialists
- Remote Sensing and Imagery Analysists
- Forest Rangers
- Fish and Wildlife Officers
- Environmental Planners
- Wetland Permitting Specialists
- Environmental Audit Specialists
- Lab Technicians
- Hazardous Waste Technicians
- Environmental Compliance Managers
- Regulatory Compliance Specialists
- Communication Officers
- Public Relations Specialists
- Endangered Species Relocation Scientists
- Endangered Species Specialists
- Air Pollution Permitting Specialists
- Regional Planners
- Water Pollution Permitting Specialists
- Environmental Remediation Technicians
Join us and be one of the best. Start your journey toward a career in Environmental Science now.
To learn more about our six concentrations, click below.
Student organizations are a strong component of your engaged education. Learn more about organizations by following the links below:
All registered student organizations are accessed through the MocSync Portal.