Called to Active Duty

students carry American flag on Chamberlain

Follow these guidelines if you are called to active duty while enrolled at UTC.

  1. Submit a copy of military orders to the Registrar at registrar@utc.eduIf you are unable to turn in your military orders prior to leave, contact the Registrar at your first opportunity.
  2. Notify all instructors that you've been called to active duty to discuss available options for course completion. For example, you might discuss the possibility of receiving incomplete(s), final grade/credit(s); or for a short leave of absence and arrange to makeup coursework at a later date. 
  3. You also have the option to officially withdraw from course(s) or the University. If you intend to withdraw from the University, notify the Registrar of your active duty status.

Veteran Affairs and Military Tuition Assistance Benefits

If you are receiving Department of Veterans Affairs or Tuition Assistance education benefits, notify Veteran Student Services at immediately to discuss the potential financial impact.