A campus-wide network of support for veteran and military service members.
Join us for our next training:
Next training session TBA.
Green Zone Training
Currently, UTC's Green Zone Training modules are in the process of being revised. We are hopeful that the newly revised training will be accessible by the end of Fall 2023. The training was established to help faculty, staff, and students provide supportive services necessary to ensure that veteran students are successful in their academic pursuits, adjust to the campus environment and eventually transition to civilian employment.
Request information and to be added to interested in training list email [email protected]
The Green Zone program is designed to give students a way to recognize faculty and staff who have completed training, can inform you of appropriate contacts for resources, and who may be deemed as available supports to assist with your many transitional needs.
Green Zone... What is it?
- An initiative to support student veterans by designating locations recognized as “safe spaces."
- Identifies faculty and staff who are knowledgeable about issues faced by student veterans and contacts for resources available.
- Participants are identified by a Green Zone emblem located outside their office door and, for faculty, on the course syllabus.
- Helps faculty and staff provide supportive services necessary to ensure veteran students are provided with the support and resources identified to be successful in their academic pursuits, adjust to the campus environment and transition to civilian employment.
Who is a Green Zone volunteer?
- UTC staff and faculty who identify themselves as:
- someone who is aware of the issues and concerns faced by student veterans/service members
- someone who is available to assist the student
- someone who has completed the Green Zone training
- Volunteers are NOT expected to be experts who can “solve” the problems. Instead -
- lend a sympathetic ear
- be someone who can help the student find the appropriate resources for problem resolution