Take Your Degree to the Next Level
Welcome to the UTC Master's of Science in Industrial-Organizational (I-O) Psychology Program. Congratulations for finding one of the longest-running and most well-respected terminal Master's degree programs in I-O psychology. Whether you are interested in the practice or science side of I-O, our program can help you take your career to the next level. Our detailed website likely provides all the information you need regarding our strong program. If you need any additional information or have specific questions that you would like to discuss, please contact the graduate program director, Dr. Chris Cunningham or any of our core UTC I-O faculty. You can reach Dr. Cunningham by calling him at 423-425-4264 or emailing him at Chris-Cunningham@utc.edu.
What makes UTC I-O so special?
There are so many strengths and unique features about the UTC I-O program. You can learn about many of them by reviewing the content in this website. Here are just a few highlights, though, to get you started:
- A comprehensive and balanced I-O Psychology curriculum
- Amazing faculty and staff
- Amazing students (note that applications are accepted between Oct and mid-March each year; we start one cohort every August)
- An alumni network that cannot be beat
- Plentiful internship and employment opportunities
- Frequent and meaningful applied consulting projects with organizations in an amazing variety of industries
- An incredible city and region
- Our annual RCIO conference series
- Our student-led, faculty- and practitioner-supported I-O professional development group, CHAIOP.
- Real and impactful applied psychological research happening all the time.
- A university that recognizes the value of our students, faculty, and staff
It's probably also worth noting that all of this is also more affordable than you might think, especially beginning in Fall 2018, thanks to the University of Tennessee system's new tuition structure. Check out the Financial Matters section of this site for more information on all of this.
Review our website, connect with our students, faculty, and alumni. Let us know if you are interested in becoming a student or forming a partnership or connection between your organization and UTC I-O.