Have you ever noticed a fellow student...
- Cheat on a test?
- Use someone else's homework?
- Pay someone else to write a paper?
- Stop showing up to class?
- Copy a paper word-for-word from the internet?
If so, did you do something? If not, why?
Academic misconduct can include:
- Plagiarism (intentional or unintentional)
- Cheat sheets/Other forms of cheating
- Having someone take a test for you
- Copying a test
- Lying about circumstances
- Having someone sign in for you
Consequences for academic misconduct can include:
- Failing the class
- Loss of credit in course
- Written warning
- Temporary transcript notation
- Permanent transcript notation
- Removed from major
- Rescinding a degree
Remember! As a UTC student, you are being held to the honor code pledge:
I pledge that I will neither give nor receive unauthorized aid on any test or assignment. I understand that plagiarism constitutes a serious instance of unauthorized aid. I further pledge that I will exert every effort to insure that the Honor Code is upheld by others and that I will actively support the establishment and continuance of a campus-wide climate of honor and integrity.