There are many elements that make up healthy relationships.
- Honoring others values, as well as encouraging others interests and goals.
- Making decisions together by being willing to compromise.
- Communicate openly and truthfully and give others the benefit of the doubt.
- Offer accountability admitting to mistakes and seeking help when change is difficult.
- Create safe spaces by respecting boundaries, asking for consent, and honoring a 'no.'
- Address conflict respectfully, take time-outs to diffuse, and use "I" statements when communicating.