All students must have a minimum Math ACT subscore of 19 to register for the following entry-level courses:
- Math 1130: College Algebra
- Math 1710: Pre-Calculus I
- Math 2150: Math for Elementary & Middle School Teachers I
Students who need to take one of the above courses, but do not meet the minimum Math ACT requirement, have the following options for obtaining the pre-requisite:
- Complete the Step Ahead Math Boot Camp and pass the Exit Exam.
- Take the UTC Math Placement Test and achieve a qualifying placement score (placement only valid for Math 1130, Math 1710, or Math 2150).
- Pass developmental Math course at a Community College (will transfer into UTC as Math 1006 or 1007) with a score of C or better at a community college. You can find more information on transfer equivalencies here.
You can find placement criteria for all math courses here.