Here are some ideas on how to improve programs and services as a result of data collected.
Using Assessment Results to Improve Instructional Programs
- Change the Curriculum: Modify the degree program, add new courses, add/modify degree requirements, and change the sequence of courses.
- Change Courses: Revise existing courses, revise course outcomes, add/change assignments, modify course materials, and change course materials, such as texts.
- Redesign Courses: Redesign courses to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Change Pedagogy: Revise how course material is delivered, revise how course is taught (include active learning strategies), integrate technology, and change learning environment.
- Change Assessment Measures: Change assessment tools, incorporate rubrics, change when assessment takes place in the curricula, modify assessment instruments, and change data analyses.
- Change Criteria for Success: Increase/modify criteria for success for the program learning outcome.
- Change a Process: Change entrance requirements, and change advisement process/materials.
Using Assessment Results to Improve Administrative and Support Services
- Change/Revise a Service: change the service offered or the way a service is delivered, and change office hours/frequency of service.
- Revise/Change a Process: Change forms and approval processes
- Implement a New Policy: Develop and implement a new policy and new procedures.
- Implement a New Process: Develop/implement new processes.
- Revise a Budget: Request or reallocated fiscal/human resources to respond to specific needs.
- Revise an Assessment: Develop and implement new ways to evaluate service.
- Change Criteria for Success: Change criteria considered for success.
- Create/Change Instruction/Training Program: Implement/modify training program for users of the service.
- Implement Staff Development: Change/implement training program for staff.