The UTC Library will scan print and microform materials and deliver them as PDFs to your e-mail account. Please allow sufficient time for processing scanning requests. The library processes materials as they come in. We strive for a 24-hour turnaround time; however, during peak times at the beginning of semesters, it may take longer. Items will be scanned to PDF format with Optical Character Recognition (OCR) enabled for screen readers.
How to Request Scanning of Library-owned Materials
- Search for available items using our Quick Search system, starting at the library's homepage.
- Sign in to your Library Account in order to have the ability to request a scan.
- When you find the item, click on the title to see the item details.
- Under Availability, click on “Request a PDF Scan of a Chapter or Article”
- A form will appear that allows you to input the chapter/article title, chapter/article author, page numbers, the date the scan is needed by, and any special instructions you may have.
- Click "Send PDF Scan Request"
- Our copyright statement will then appear. You must read and acknowledge the following statement before submitting your request. You must click "I Agree with the Terms" to complete your scan request.
- You will receive an e-mail with a link to download your scan once it is available. Scans can be downloaded up to 10 times and expire 90 days after delivery.