Library Enhancement Initiative
The purpose of the Library Enhancement Initiative is to provide current UTC students, faculty, and staff with an opportunity to grow and enhance the Library’s collection of resources in a focused way, be it a new class, a fresh take on an old topic, or a developing research interest.
Application Materials and Helpful Tips
The proposal will comprise three elements:
A completed form;
A brief narrative that provides a rationale for the proposal. Include information about any related courses, research, or specific program correlations;
A list of the items you would like the Library to purchase.
- Explain the relationship the materials have with your intended purpose--what outcomes do you hope to achieve?
- How essential are the materials to your achieving the goals for which they are intended?
- How will these materials strengthen the Library's collection?
- Who is the intended audience for the materials?
- How many students will benefit from these materials, and how will they benefit?
- Will these materials be utilized in a course? If so, what is the course and how frequently is it taught?
- In what way(s) might these materials align with UTC’s strategic plan?
- This initiative funds only one-time purchases, such as books, video, microfilm, data, or software;
- Make sure that the Library does not already own these resources by searching for them through the Library’s Quick Search;
- Provide an itemized list of requested resources including title, author, publisher, ISBN or other identifying information.