The GATP is a limited enrollment program, consisting of a five-semester, non-thesis curriculum. To graduate, students must have already completed specific coursework prior to starting the program. These requirements must be fulfilled PRIOR to admission into the GATP, however you may apply for admission before all coursework has been completed.
Required Prerequisite Coursework:
- Biology (separate from A&P; 4 credits required, 8 credits preferred)
- Chemistry (4 credits required, 8 credits preferred)
- Physics (4 credits required, 8 credits preferred)
- Anatomy and Physiology (4 credits required, 8 credits preferred)
- Psychology (3 credits required)
- *Kinesiology or Biomechanics (preferred but not required)
- *Exercise Physiology (preferred but not required)
Coursework will be reviewed to determine if there are any deficiencies upon application. Students MUST submit course descriptions. No student will be accepted into the program before they have submitted the required course descriptions. The GATP reserves the right to request course syllabi for greater confirmation about course content. The GATP will notify the student of any deficiencies before the student begins the curriculum. It is imperative that the students have the equivalent of the required courses in order to satisfy the athletic training educational competencies set forth by the CAATE.
*A student may be considered for conditional admission to the program if he or she fails to meet any of the requirements outlined above at time of application, pending completion of the deficiencies.