Office Decorating Competition
Homecoming week is around the corner, and the UTC Homecoming Steering Committee would like to offer your office the opportunity to participate in this year's Office Decorating contest. This is a time where you could show your UTC pride by decorating office and cubicle space for this year’s SPACE theme!
Dates: October 2 - 5
- Office/Department: the space that will be decorated and judged is used by multiple staff members; this can include a common lobby space, hallway, etc.
- Individual: the office/cubicle space that will be decorated and judged is used/occupied by a single staff member; individuals can decorate their door or inside their individual office space
- Residence Hall Lobby: the space being decorated is the lobby or a common space as identified by the Resident Director within an on-campus residence hall
Registration for departments and individuals to sign up to participate in the 2022 Office Decorating Competition will close on Thursday, September 28th at 5pm.
Decorating can begin on Monday, October 2, 2023 for those registered and must be completed by 9 a.m. on Thursday, October 5, 2023.
Departments and individuals should follow all University policies and procedures when decorating their space.
Supplies will NOT be provided.
When using lights, do not string lights or extension cords underneath your windows or doors. Use the exterior outlets and be sure the lights you are using are UL Rated for exterior use.
Do not string lights across where people walk; this could create a tripping hazard.
Do not cover your office door numbers.
Do not place decorations around lights.
Decorations cannot restrict the view of any Exit signs
Decorations cannot restrict the movement through hallways, entrances and exits of the office/building.
All decorations should be discarded promptly following Homecoming Week. Homecoming Week ends on Saturday, October 7th, 2023.
All decorations must be appropriate and in good taste
Judging will take place on Thursday, October 5, through video submissions. Submissions should be sent to Reed Brittman at [email protected]. In the subject line, please include the location of your office/department or Residence Hall. Registered participants will be required to submit their video for judging no later than 5.p.m. on Thursday, October 5th. Videos should be no longer than 1 minute and should capture as much of the decorated space as possible. Decorations will be judged on the following:
- Use of blue and gold colors
- Use of the 2023 Homecoming Theme: SPACE
- Use of the university logo and/or name
- Student judges will select the top 3 submissions. The winner will be determined by the Homecoming Student Steering Committee.
- Announcement of Winners
- Winners of each category will be announced on Friday, October 6, through the @utchomecoming Instagram profile.
If you have any questions, please email Reed Brittman, Paint the Campus Blue and Gold Coordinator for the 2023 Homecoming Student Steering Committee, at [email protected].
Announcement of Winners
Winners of each category will be announced on Friday, October 6, through the @utchomecoming Instagram profiles. The winner will be also be displayed at the Homecoming Game vs. Western Carolina, October 7. Further announcement details will be communicated with those that participate.
2022 - Center for Career & Leadership Development
2021 - Student Support Services
2020 - Center for Global Education
2019 - Center for Global Education
2018 - Chancellor's Office
2017 - Campus Recreation