Faculty & Staff Office Decorating Contest
Office Decorating Competition
The Homecoming Student Steering Committee is proud to sponsor an office decorating contest for faculty and staff to display their UTC Spirit alongside this year’s theme during Homecoming Week 2022. Come together as an office/department to decorate your office suite or participate as an individual and decorate your individual office/cubicle.
Dates: September 10 – 17
- Office/Department: the space that will be decorated and judged is used by multiple staff members; this can include a common lobby space, hallway, etc.
- Individual: the office/cubicle space that will be decorated and judged is used/occupied by a single staff member; individuals can decorate their door or inside their individual office space
- Residence Hall Lobby: the space being decorated is the lobby or a common space as identified by the Resident Director within an on-campus residence hall
Registration for departments and individuals to sign up to participate in the 2022 Office Decorating Competition will close on Friday, September 9 at 8 a.m.
Decorating can begin on Monday, September 12 for those registered and must be completed by 9 a.m. on Thursday, September 15.
- Departments and individuals should practice social distancing and follow all University policies and procedures related to COVID-19 when decorating their space
- Supplies will NOT be provided.
- When using lights, do not string lights or extension cords underneath your windows or doors. Use the exterior outlets and be sure the lights you are using are UL Rated for exterior use.
- Do not string lights across where people walk; this could create a tripping hazard.
- Do not cover your office door numbers.
- Do not place decorations around lights.
- Decorations cannot restrict the view of any Exit signs
- Decorations cannot restrict the movement through hallways, entrances and exits of the office/building.
- All decorations should be discarded promptly following Homecoming Week. Homecoming Week ends on Saturday, September 17.
- All decorations must be appropriate and in good taste
Judging will take place on Thursday, September 15, through video submissions. Submissions should be sent to Colin Thompson at [email protected] In the subject line, please include the location of your office/department or Residence Hall. Registered participants will be required to submit their video for judging no later than noon on Wednesday, September 14. Videos should be no longer than 1 minute and should capture as much of the decorated space as possible. Decorations will be judged on the following:
- Use of blue and gold colors
- Use of the 2022 Homecoming Theme: Under the C!
- Use of the university logo and/or name
Student judges will select the top 3 submissions. The winner will be determined by a vote on social media on the @utchomecoming Instagram page.
Announcement of Winners
Winners of each category will be announced on Friday, September 16, through the @utc_engage and @utchomecoming Instagram profiles. The winner will be also be displayed at the Homecoming Game vs. North Alabama on September 17.
If you have any questions, please email Colin Thompson, Paint the Campus Blue and Gold Coordinator for the 2022 Homecoming Student Steering Committee, at [email protected]
2021 - Student Support Services
2020 - Center for Global Education
2019 - Center for Global Education
2018 - Chancellor's Office
2017 - Campus Recreation