Mocs Go Vote is UTC’s initiative to increase student voter turnout in the local, state, and federal elections. Through outreach and programming, Mocs Go Vote seeks to increase student registration on campus, to decrease the gap between registered voters and actual voters, and to develop a stronger sense of civic participation among UTC students.
2021 City of Chattanooga Municipal Election Information
Election Day is Tuesday, March 2, 2021 for the City of Chattanooga Municipal Election. Polls will be open from 8am to 7pm Eastern on Election Day. Early Voting will begin February 10 and end on February 25, 2021.
Get to know some of Chattanooga’s City Council candidates: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwwltLSzc0Z7YlOUQ6mgXMwSmR1yLK5t9
- You must be a registered voter in the city of Chattanooga to be eligible to vote.
- Voters must present a photo ID issued by the state or federal government in order to vote. College ID cards do not qualify.
- If you choose to vote in person on Election Day, make sure you know your assigned polling location. Visit the voter information request toolfor polling location assignments.
- During Early Voting, you may appear to vote at any of the following Early Voting sites:
- Brainerd Rec Center 1010 North Moore Rd Monday thru Friday from 10:00am – 6:00pm Saturday from 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Election Commission 700 River Terminal Rd Monday thru Friday from 8:00am – 6:00pm Saturday from 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Hixson Community Center 5401 School Drive Monday thru Friday from 10:00am – 6:00pm Saturday from 10:00am – 4:00pm
- In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, The Hamilton County Election Commission has implemented many new procedures to help ensure the health and safety of voters and poll workers. Those procedures and other helpful information can be found on the HCEC website.
- The deadline for absentee ballot applications is February 23, 2021. You can apply for an absentee ballot here.