Student Learning Outcomes
By the end of the second year, a student should be able to:
- Understand the importance of General Education and how these requirements relate to their selected major.
- Declare a major and/or minor and understand the expectations of said major/minor, including translation of the pre- and co-requisites and the process of course sequencing.
- Demonstrate professionalism by using effective written and oral communication when addressing their academic advisor and other university personnel, showing academic initiative, and keeping commitments and appointments.
- Familiarize themselves with the university petitions processes.
- Understand the various functions of MyMocsDegree and be able to independently use them in academic planning.
- Begin to explore potential career possibilities within their chosen major field.
- Identify co-op, internships, and/or study abroad opportunities.