APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) Certification Review Course
The APICS CPIM Certification Review Course prepares individuals for the CPIM Certification and provides them with a broad and strategic outlook on supply chain management. Participants will gain strategies and skills to effectively manage external operations and the extended supply chain.
|• Demand planners||• Production managers|
|• Inventory specialist||• Operations and warehouse managers|
|• Purchasers and buyers||• Supplier relationship manager|
- Management and leadership techniques to ensure an efficient and accurate production process
- Demand planning strategies to achieve best-in-class results
- Network and infrastructure designs that improve delivery KPIs
- Learn essential knowledge needed to accurately plan and manage your production cycle.
- Develop concepts that can be applied in your organization to improve KPIs.
- Improve understanding of demand planning and production capacity.
- Gain recognition as production planning expert.
- Reduce costs and impact your organization’s bottom line
- Demonstrate ability to communicate with others about your organization’s production planning process.
The CPIM Part 1 program is divided into one module.
- Module 1: Basics of Supply Chain Management
- Covers planning, continuous improvement, lean, demand management, capacity management, purchasing, inventory management, control, and distribution.
The CPIM Part 2 program is divided into four modules.
- Module 1: Strategic Management of Resources
- Covers developing a business strategy, analyzing information, competition assessment, sustainability, costing, operations strategy, and infrastructure.
- Module 2: Master Planning of Resources
- Covers demand management, forecasting, customer interface, S&OP, scheduling principles, and distribution planning.
- Module 3: Detailed Scheduling and Planning
- Covers inventory management (aggregate and item), material requirements planning, capacity planning, managing projects, procurement and sourcing.
- Module 4: Execution and Control of Operations
- Covers execution of operations, scheduling, capacity control, continuous improvement, and design concepts.
Exam Preparation, Details, and Qualifications
Your journey to becoming certified begins with the CPIM Learning System, included with your registration for the course. The CPIM Learning System builds on existing strengths and deepens your understanding of supply chain management principles. The instructor-led class format helps you navigate concepts and enriches your learning.
There are two exams required for the CPIM. Each consists of 150 computer-based questions and take approximately 3.5 hours each.
There are no college degree or work experience requirements to sit for the certification
Meet Your Instructors
Kevin Cooper, CPIM, CSCP
Kevin Cooper is a Solutions Consultant Team at the University of Tennessee’s Center for Industrial Services (CIS). CIS is an agency of the Institute for Public Service, and the NIST Manufacturing Extension Partner Center serving the state of TN. The CIS Solutions Consultant Team provides industrial extension services throughout the state of TN, working with manufacturers and industry partners, helping them improve performance and profitability, and grow. Before joining CIS in 2016, Kevin gained 25 years supply chain leadership experience with manufacturing companies in the automotive and pharmaceutical industries. Kevin holds an Operations Management degree from University of Tennessee. He also maintains supply chain management related professional certifications; Certified Production and Inventory Manager (CPIM) and Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), both from APICS – The Association for Operations Management.
Dr. Michael Essray, CPIM
Michael Essary is a Professor in the College of Business at Athens State University (ASU). Dr. Essary teaches in the Graduate Global Logistics & Supply Chain Management Program. Dr. Essary is on the ASU Foundation Board of Directors and the Foundation Investment Committee.
Dr. Essary has a Doctor of Business Administration in Financial Management from Northcentral University; a Master’s of Business Administration with a concentration in Finance from the University of South Carolina; and a Bachelor’s of Science in Industrial Management from the University of Tennessee. Dr. Essary has the APICS (The Association for Operations Management) certification in Certified Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) and the American Society for Quality Certification. Dr. Essary has been the President of the Tennessee Valley APICS Chapter since 2009. He conducts workforce development training for local industry.
Dr. Essary’s research is in the area of finance and online education. His research has been published in the International Journal of the Academic Business World and in the Academy of Educational Leadership Journal. Dr. Essary is active in presenting at academic conferences. Dr. Essary was awarded the Presentation Excellence Award at the Academic Business World International Conference 2018, Presentation Excellence Award at the Academic Business World International Conference 2016, the Best Paper Award at the Academic Business World International Conference 2014, and the Presentation Excellence Award at the Academic Business World International Conference 2013.
Dr. Michael Essary has 29 years of executive financial and operational experience in pharmaceutical and manufacturing companies and over 25 years of teaching experience. Dr. Essary has held a number of executive level positions, including president of a privately held pharmaceutical company. He was awarded the ASU Presidential Award for Meritorious Performance for 2016. Dr. Essary lives in Decatur, AL with his wife of 37 years, LaTresa Essary. They have one deceased daughter, Leslie. Dr. Essary has endowed three Distinguished Scholarships in memory of his daughter. He enjoys sports and spending time with family.