Interns must apply the semester before they plan to enroll in Comm. 4850, Individual Internship.
- For Summer/Fall 2021 internship the digital application deadline is Fri. Feb. 26 at 3pm
- For spring 2022 internships the deadline will be in September 2021.
- If you are doing the internship during the fall or spring semester, we strongly suggest you enroll in no more than 15 credits hours, including the internship.
- If you are doing the internship during the summer, we strongly suggest you enroll in no more than 9 credit hours, including the internship.
To apply, students must have:
- completed COMM 2300 and 2310
- completed or be enrolled in COMM 4200 or 4510
- completed or be enrolled in at least two upper level communication skills courses (skills courses include COMM 3330, 3350, 3370, 3400, 3450, 3500, 3610, 3630, 3650, 3660, 3700, some 4000 courses, 4100, 4350, 4450, 4550 and 4700)
a minimum2.0 overall GPA, 2.0 institutional GPA, and a 2.0 GPA in communication
Learn more about the internship program: