- Squoia Holmes
- Assistant Director for Veteran Student Services; Veteran Peer Mentorship Program Coordinator
- Veteran Student Services
- M.P.S., Austin Peay State University; B.I.S., University of Tennessee at Martin; A.B.A., Grand Rapids Community College
- 141 University Center
- Areas of Responsibility
- Veteran Student Services Operations
- Department of Veterans Affairs, Department of Defense, and State Tuition Assistance educational benefits & compliance
- Academic Advisement and support to active duty service-members, veterans, reservists and their family members
- Yellow Ribbon Program scholarships
- Out-of-state residency waivers for Department of Veterans Affairs educational beneficiaries
- Advisor for UTC's chapter of Salute Veterans National Honor Society
- Veteran Peer Mentorship Program Coordinator
Squoia Holmes has worked with military-connected students at UTC for over 10 years. As assistant director of Veteran Student Services, she supports veterans, military-affiliated students and their families by promoting student success through advocacy, transition, academic and programming support and strategic initiatives.
She currently serves as a Regional board member for the National Association of Veterans’ Program Administrators; council member for the Military Friendly Schools Council and American Council on Education military training evaluation groups. She chairs UTC Military Student Advisory Council, and serves on the UTC Advisement Council and Assessment Committee; Department of Veterans Affairs focus groups, Southeast Tennessee Veterans Coalition; and previously served on the State of Tennessee Veterans’ Prior Learning and Veteran Education Taskforce.
Previously, she served on the staff of the Records Office and in 2012, as the founding Coordinator of Veterans Affairs, coordinating the launch of the Center for Military and Veterans Affairs; in 2018, named Veteran Student Services.
Holmes earned her bachelor's degree from the University of Tennessee at Martin and master's in Strategic Leadership from Austin Peay State University.
A devoted mother of three, Holmes is dedicated to ensuring military-connected students receive the best support possible at UTC.