OU Campus Version 10
To familiarize you with the new user interface (UI) which is the primary change in the updated version, we have two videos available:
- Short overview video ( 12.5 minutes ) of differences between the current Version 9 and the New Version 10
- Long Training Tuesday video ( 1 hour ) with the full details
These videos are produced by OmniUpdate, and are not customized to our usage on campus, so you may see some items that you are not familiar with, but all features shown are available.
Always feel free to send email to UTCWEB@raven.utc.edu for assistance. Remember, this list only goes to the University Web Services team, not all editors as it did previously.
Here you will find support on a variety of tasks you will need to be comfortable performing as a UTC web site editor.
The key to accomplishment is understanding
- what you want to be able to do,
- what is possible to do and
- how to do what you what you need.
After this, editing the web site should become fairly routine. As you spend time using the system, you will internalize the way it works and find that you can anticipate problems and solutions as you work. Our goal is for you to not need us, but we are here when you do.
- Web Content Management – OU Campus
- Blogs and Microsites – WordPress
- Events Calendar – EMS + Master Calendar
- Search – Google Search Appliance
- Shortcuts – yoURLs
Site, section and page development
We suggest a three step method for efficiently creating web pages.
In order to move information into OU Campus:
- Create empty "shells" for all of your pages
- this step creates the navigation structure of the site or section
- Copy & paste the text into the empty shells
- this step creates a functional and searchable website
- Enhance your pages with images, links, and tables
- this step enhances the user experience and finishes the site