UTC Mission Statement
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is a driving force for achieving excellence. Our mission is to actively engage students, faculty, and staff; embrace diversity and inclusion; inspire positive change; and enrich and sustain our community.
College Mission Statement
The College of Health, Education and Professional Studies prepares liberally educated, technologically efficient scholars and practitioners for life in a global society. The College is committed to enhancing the bodies of knowledge in each of its disciplines, promoting the values and ethics of a truth-seeking, caring community, and serving diverse populations by providing family and social service experts, health and lifestyle professionals, leaders and teachers for the 21st century.
LEAD Programs Mission Statement
Equip participants/students with an understanding of the relationship leadership plays in the learning and decision-making process; develop reflective practitioners in a variety of organizations; and focus on the interwoven nature of learning, leadership, and decision-making; emphasizing course content on the application to the individual’s professional practice.
LEAD Programs Vision
LEAD program(s) will provide a multi-disciplinary approach to learning opportunities for contemporary learners to achieve a degree or certificate focused on learning, leadership, and decision-making including learning through initiatives dedicated to the application of and investigation into current industry and organizational topics within the community, across the region, and nationwide.
LEAD Programs Values
- Use team approach to address issues in a timely manner
- Provide opportunities to engage when it is convenient to the contemporary learner
- Establish opportunities for clear and open communication between faculty, staff, and learners
- Advocate for each student to attain learning goals
- Meet the needs of the contemporary learner
- Emphasize humble inquiry, rigor, and student (scholar-practitioner) success
- Welcome and support diverse points of view
- Understand the challenges of the contemporary learner
- Provide clear expectations in all courses to support learner achievement
- Establish clear pathways to degree and certificate achievement
- Provide consistency across all degree and certificate programs
- Implement team approach = communication = coordination
- Develop all content to meet the most appropriate accessibility standards
- Demonstrate cultural competency
- Set transparent and reasonable expectations
- Establish and use rubrics for all deliverables/assignments
- Provide rigor in coursework
- Help participants/students to understand the application of coursework to professional practice
- Provide competency related resource materials