The Leadership and Learning (LEAP) Programs offer the undergraduate Essentials of Leadership Certificate. The certificate program is offered for those who wish to increase their understanding and application of essential leadership skills. The online certificate program is designed for students in a wide variety of careers, focusing on the application of innovative and effective essential skills and knowledge needed to solve problems, communicate effectively, resolve conflict, and increase effectiveness in diverse environments.
To earn the undergraduate Certificate in Essentials of Leadership, student complete five 3-credit hour courses. Four specific courses are required.
Required Certificate Courses
- LEAP 3010 - Practice of Applied Leadership (offered every Fall semester)
- LEAP 3020 - Adopting Innovation and Change (offered every Fall semester)
- LEAP 3030 - Leadership and Diverse Multicultural Organizations (offered every Spring semester)
- LEAP 3040 - Emotional Intelligence and Leadership (offered every Spring semester)
Additional Certificate Courses
- One approved 3-credit hour upper-level course related to leadership from another area with approval from the Program Director/Department Head
= 15 Total Credit Hours Required
This certificate program is available to non-degree seeking individuals. Applications are accepted year-round (Fall, Spring, and Summer).
How to Apply
- Complete the Undergraduate Application (link: Apply Now)
Individuals will be admitted to the Certificate Program in Essentials of Leadership if they meet the minimum admission requirements to the university and/or are an existing student in the university.
Following admission to the Essentials of Leadership certificate program, please contact the LEAP Program Office at [email protected] for advisement and registration information.