The Tennessee STRONG (Support, Training and Renewing Opportunity for National Guardsmen) Act establishes a pilot program to provide eligible members of the Tennessee National Guard tuition funding toward a first-time bachelor's degree for the next four years through a tuition reimbursement program.
The STRONG Act provides educational opportunities for those who protect and serve the state and country and supports Tennessee's Drive to 55 initiative and its goal of 55 percent of Tennesseans with a post-secondary by 2025.
- Reimbursement for up to 120 credit hours or eight semesters
- Applies to the pursuit of an associate’s or first bachelor’s degree
- Eligible National Guard members can apply upon successful completion of basic training
Application Packet →
Student Step-by-Step Guide
- Apply for Federal Tuition Assistance.
- Submit a copy of your completed TN STRONG ACT Packet to UTC Veteran Student Services every semester you intend to use the benefit to [email protected]
- We will attempt to submit the completed application packet to the State Tuition Assistance Manager. We advise student's to verify acceptance with the National Guard.
- After the semester ends, Veteran Student Services will send final transcript and itemized bill to State Tuition Assistance Manager. Please ensure receipt with the National Guard.
- Once approved and processed by TA Manager, TN STRONG ACT sends reimbursement payment to UTC Bursars Office.
- Repeat process every semester you intend to use TN STRONG Act.
Documents and Information
If you need additional assistance, contact Veteran Student Services.