Mechanical Engineering ABET Information
UTC’s Mechanical Engineering Program strives to prepare graduates who are actively engaging in their communities as well-informed citizens pursuing new knowledge and translating acquired knowledge to evolving technologies. We are committed to an adaptable, creative, and robust curriculum that generates successful engineering professionals and leaders in industry and academia.
Program Educational Objectives
In support of the program mission, UTC’s mechanical engineering program educational objectives produce graduates who:
- Apply their mechanical engineering education to solve problems of local, regional, national, and global needs.
- Apply design process and critical thinking to solve large and small problems in a team environment.
- Perform and communicate effectively in individual and team-based environments.
- Continue to develop academically, professionally, and personally to positively impact the engineering profession.
Program Student Outcomes
In support of the program education objectives, each mechanical engineering graduate from UTC will have demonstrated prior to graduation:
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental and economic factors
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgements, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgement to draw conclusions
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
Annual Student Enrollment and Graduation Data