Campus Recreation Employment
While on duty, Lifeguards are responsible for the following:
- Enforcing and following all pool and spa rules.
- Preventing injuries and minimizing hazardous situations.
- Sitting on the stand whenever a patron is swimming.
- Handling all injuries, accidents and emergency situations as they arise (contact HeadLifeguard for any assistance).
- Arriving to work on time. In lifeguard station or stand at beginning of shift.
- Completing cleaning duties.
- Attending in-service training weekly and regular staff meetings.
- Completing other duties as assigned.
- Check your email daily for important job related updates.
Duties while you are on the stand:
- Remember the scanning triage; scan the bottom of the pool, the surface of the pool and the pool deck. Be alert and be ready to assist swimmers in distress, or those swimmers involved in an accident in the water, or on deck.
- Wear a rescue tube properly at all times while on stand and while roaming, remember to hold the extra slack, sit in a proper position, with a straight back, feet flat on the ground in an alert manner.
- Wear your whistle at all times while on stand or roaming.
- Make sure the radio is on and in working order in case of an emergency.
- While scanning make sure to use the 10/20 scanning rule so that you do not miss anything.
- No eating is allowed while on stand or roaming, you are only allowed to have a beverage while on stand.
While on stand or roaming do not have prolonged conversations with anyone, including other lifeguards, patrons or friends. If a patron has multiple questions direct them to another lifeguard so you can properly scan the pool.
Responsible to the Coordinator and Student Supervisors
Referee is responsible for knowledge and enforcement of all rules and sanctions surrounding Intramural competitions, matches, and games. Various sports include Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Volleyball and Softball. Furthermore, referees may be asked to assist Supervisors with other duties as needed.
Interested persons should visit the Become a Referee! tab under Intramurals to find information on all of our trainings and hiring opportunities.
Responsible to Coordinator and Leadership Team
Customer Service Representative is responsible for all details surrounding access control, rental equipment use, and patron assistance. Furthermore, the CSR may be asked to assist with special programs, events, and any other duties necessary for quality services.
Responsible to the Campus Recreation Administrative Assistant and Leadership Team
The Campus Recreation Student Office Assistant is responsible for assisting the Campus Recreation Administrative Assistant in administrative duties within Campus Recreation, but primarily front-line customer service. Furthermore, the Student Office Assistant may be asked to assist professional staff with special programs, events, and any tasks necessary for quality Campus Recreation programming.
The Fitness Attendant assists with the daily functions of the Fitness Floor in the Aquatics and Recreation Center and provide quality service to all patrons. The attendant is responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, safety, and proper function of the Fitness Floor.
Nationally certified trainer that creates health and wellness plans for individual clients. Perform fitness testing such as BMI, body fat, and general fitness assessments to better help individuals start and/or continue a path to optimal general health.
The main objective of the Campus Recreation Student Marketing Intern is to provide adequate marketing coverage for the entire Campus Recreation Department. This includes all of the responsibilities outlined below. The expectation of the intern is to organize, plan, and collaborate on tasks with the Campus Recreation Marketing Team. The internship will collaborate with Outdoors, Aquatics, Intramurals, Club Sports, Facilities, and Fitness to fully cover all areas under the Campus Recreation Department.
- Maintain rental equipment to its fullest working capacity.
- Clean incoming equipment.
- Provided rental services to UTC students and ARC members.
- Reach out to equipment companies for repairs.
- Maintain the bike learning lab area and assist in minor bike repair.
Rental Center Attendant is responsible for all details surrounding access control, rental equipment use, and patron assistance. Furthermore, the RCA may be asked to assist with special programs, events, and any other duties necessary for quality services.
- Maintain climbing wall and bouldering area order.
- Accommodate students and ARC members in climbing up the wall or boulder.
- Provide rental equipment such as shoes and harnesses to participants.
- Maintain high standards for all ropes and equipment used at the climbing wall and bouldering area.
- Vacuum bouldering pads after closing shift.
Climbing Wall Attendant is responsible for all details surrounding access control, rental equipment use, and patron assistance. Furthermore, the CWA may be asked to assist with special programs, camps, events, and any other duties necessary for quality services.
- Lead meaningful trips for students and ARC members.
- Maintain trip equipment during the beginning of the trip, and cleaning post-trip.
- Lead adventure trips ranging in clinics, day trips, weekend trips, and extended trips.
- Be the first responder to emergencies in the back country.
The trip leader is responsible for all details surrounding participation, equipment use, trip planning, and patron assistance. Furthermore, the trip leader may be asked to assist with special programs, camps, events, and any other duties necessary for quality services.