Frequently Asked Questions

How do I close my Mocs Card Account?

Money deposited in books points, food points or Scrappy Cash may be refunded to students upon graduation, withdrawal from the University or account closing. The account will be closed in accordance with University policy. At the time of account closure a $15.00 service fee and any other debts due to the University will be deducted from the balance. The University does not process refund checks for under $3.00, therefore no refunds will be given for balances $18.00 or less. A completed Account Closure Request Form must be submitted to the Mocs Card Office for processing.

Account Closure Request Form

How do I return merchandise bought with my Mocs Card?

Returned merchandise purchased with the Mocs Card will be credited back to the account for the amount of the return. Merchandise must be returned to the location where goods or services were purchased and returns are subject to the return policy of the vendor.

How can I deposit money on my Mocs Card?

A debit card account balance can be activated by depositing cash into the ValuePort Station located on the first floor of the UTC Library. Deposits may be made online with a Visa or Mastercard through GET.

Also, deposits can be made in person or by mail in the form of cash or check to the UTC Bursar’s Office,  274 University Center.  No interest will be paid on any balance in the Mocs Card account.

Does the money on my Mocs Card roll over to the next semester?

  • Scrappy Cash / Book Points / Food Points (Voluntary Money): Rolls from semester to semester.
  • Mocs Bucks / Club Funds: Rolls from Fall to Spring semester, cannot be used after the last day of Spring semester.
  • Print Points: Unused balance expires at end of each semester.

What do I do if my card isn’t working?

Call the Mocs Card office at x2218. Note: Access to University facilities or cardholder’s account may be denied if your account is suspended by the University for administrative reasons, you deactivate your card, you withdraw/terminate from the University, or if your card's magnetic stripe is damaged and will not scan.

What do I do if I have problems with door access at Probasco South Campus?

Take your Mocs Card to the Housing office located at Stacy Town Center at the corner of 8th and University Street.

How do I know how much money is on my card?

Register for GET to view balances, deposit money on Scrappy Cash,  mark card lost/stolen, view history.

Do I need to sign up for a meal plan if I live in UTC Housing?

All freshman and sophomore campus residents are required to have a meal plan.

If I move out of UTC Housing, will my mandatory meal plan automatically be adjusted?

No, any changes to meal plans need to be addressed through the Mocs Card office. Mandatory meal plans will be reviewed for reversal AFTER the Mocs Card office has been notified by UTC Housing office that your Housing contract has been officially cancelled.

How do I change or cancel my meal plan?

Changes can only be made through the first 2 weeks of each semester by calling 423-425-5819 or sending an email to . You can only cancel your meal plan if you move out of housing or withdraw from the university within the first 4 weeks of the semester. **Refunds are based off usage, if a refund applies.