Students can propose a project as a point-earning opportunity. Examples of this could include serving a campus organization, off-campus service or other experiences that includes critical thinking and reflection. A Beyond the Classroom Community Engagement Agreement must be completed before the experience begins. Only two Beyond the Classroom Community Engagement agreements can be completed.
- Fill out the community engagement form below.
- Be involved in an experience.
- Fill out a reflection form. Make sure to include the section on who can verify your involvement.
- Continual involvement and reflection in a hands-on project or study develops comprehension.
- Serving and learning as a student builds lasting community connections.
- You can earn up to 20 points for each project you propose and reflect upon. Forty points is the maximum number of points you can earn with this method.
"Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forward." - Søren Kierkegaard