A call for nominations will go out in early 2024.
Guerry Professorships were created in 1961 by the Guerry family. The professorships are among the most prestigious professorships awarded at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
As of July 1, 2016, Guerry Professorships are appointed for a five-year period subject to review and possible reappointment by the Provost. Guerry Professors will submit an annual report highlighting the scholarly activity or research to the Provost on or before July 1 of each year of the appointment. The annual report will be provided to the UC Foundation, in addition to others.
- Faculty rank of associate or full professor; extraordinary justification would be required for an assistant professor to receive a Guerry Professorship.
- Recognized as a scholar and expert in their discipline with a national / international reputation.
- The professorship can be awarded to a newly hired or long-time faculty member.
- Nominations are accepted from a faculty colleague, department head, or dean at UTC. A faculty member may self-nominate.
- One-page nomination stating the reason the nominee merits the professorship
- Abbreviated CV (no longer than 5 pages) noting career highlights that are salient to having a national / international reputation
Nominations will be reviewed and scored by a committee using the rubric below, with the final selection of the professorships determined by the Provost. Professorship awards $10,000 annually, as a salary stipend (not considered as part of the base salary).