The University of Tennessee, Chattanooga is scheduled for reaffirmation of accreditation in March of 2023 by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). The reaffirmation process requires a thorough review and documentation of current programs, policies, and procedures as part of the Reaffirmation Compliance Certification Report, and the development of a new, 10-year Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP).
The co-chairs of the Quality Enhancement Planning Committee are Theresa Liedtka, UTC Library Dean and SACSCOC Reaffirmation Coordinator and Cindy Williamson, SACSCOC Liaison and Director of Assessment. The QEP Committee began its work in Spring of 2021 and will continue to meet through Fall of 2022.
What is the charge of the Quality Enhancement Planning Committee?
The charge to the Quality Enhancement Planning Committee is to inform and engage with members of the UTC Community about the QEP planning process, and assist with the development of the selected QEP.
The milestones which the Committee will meet are the following:
- Solicit feedback and facilitate input and discussion on potential QEP topics
- Select and recommend QEP topic to the Reaffirmation Leadership Team
- Upon topic confirmation, solicit pre-proposals ideas from UTC community
- Select and recommend focused QEP topics from pre-proposal ideas submitted
- Add a QEP Director and possible other members to the QEP Committee
- Research topic-related best practices
- Develop student learning outcomes and objectives
- Identify needed action items
- Determine who is responsible for implementing
- Determine how it will be assessed
- Determine who is responsible for assessing
- Estimate the needed costs
- Determine a timeline for implementation
- Submit nominations for QEP lead evaluator
- Prepare and submit a full Quality Enhancement Plan