QEP Progress Timeline
The Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) is an integral component of the reaffirmation of accreditation process and is derived from an institution’s ongoing comprehensive planning and evaluation processes. It reflects and affirms a commitment to enhance overall institutional quality and effectiveness by focusing on an issue the institution considers important to improving student learning outcomes and/or student success.
SACSCOC, QEP Standard 7.2, defines the desired elements of a QEP, including:
- has a topic identified through its ongoing, comprehensive planning and evaluation processes;
- has broad-based support of institutional constituencies;
- focuses on improving specific student learning outcomes and/or student success;
- commits resources to initiate, implement, and complete the QEP; and
- includes a plan to assess achievement.
- Reviewed institutional data, assessment, and planning materials to develop 7 possible areas of focus for the QEP.
- Topics included (1) equity, diversity, and inclusion; (2) civics, ethical decision making, and an informed citizenry; (3) community engagement; (4) cultures of collaboration; (5) information technology; (6) writing; and (7) high impact practices/experiential learning.
- In discussion and with additional review by the Executive Leadership Team the 7 topics were narrowed to 3 to present to the UTC Community, including equity, diversity, and inclusion; high impact practices/cohorts and collaborative learning; and community engagement.
- All topics are intended to focus on improving student retention and graduation rates.
- Launched Quality Enhancement Planning Committee
Presented 24 Campus Roadshows on the SACSCOC Reaccreditation and QEP process.
Conducted a campus survey to gather input on the 3 potential QEP topics.
Selected Cohorts and Collaborative Learning as UTC’s topic area of focus for the QEP.
- Quality Enhancement Planning Committee call for QEP proposals/concept papers focused on Cohorts and Collaborative Learning from the UTC Community. Selected proposal will serve as the foundation for the QEP.
- Created QEP evaluation rubric
- Presented 20 Campus Roadshows on QEP proposals/concept paper guidelines and submission processes.
- Received 19 QEP proposals/concept papers
- QEP Committee evaluated and selected 7 proposals to present to the UTC Community
- Presented 10 Campus Roadshows to share and discuss the 7 proposals in a moderated fashion.
- Made all proposals available to the campus and held numerous meetings with campus groups.
- Conducted a campus survey to gather input on the 7 potential QEP proposals/concept papers.
- Quality Enhancement Planning Committee submitted an unranked list of 3 proposals to the UTC’s SACSCOC Reaffirmation Leadership Committee for consideration.
- Reaffirmation Leadership Committee formed a small subgroup to discuss and recommend a final QEP.
- Reaffirmation Leadership Committee endorsed A Moc’s First Year as UTC’s QEP
Summer - Fall 2022
- Held numerous QEP discussion meetings.
- Create initial draft of QEP completed.
- Launch A Moc’s First Year Implementation Committee.
- A Moc’s First Year submitted to SACSCOC and On-Site Review Team for review and consideration.
The QEP Committee created the following definitions of cohorts, collaborative learning, and diversity to ensure a consistent interpretation by the campus community.