Welcome to UTC! At ORSP, serving faculty and enabling your success is our mission. Keep us in mind as a resource and partner to you every step of the way!
Review the resources below to get acquainted with sponsored programs at UTC:
If you are interested in pursuing sponsored funding, here are a few action items to position yourself for success:
- Complete an Outside Interest Disclosure form within your first 30 days of employment and annually thereafter. Instructions from HR can be found here and guidance for researchers is available here.
- Reach out to [email protected] as soon as possible if you are transferring any equipment or sponsored project awards or if you have any kind of agreements that require signature (award agreement, data use agreement, non-disclosure agreement, memorandum of understanding, material transfer agreement, etc.).
- Become familiar with UT Policies related to research and sponsored program activity. A list of frequently relevant policies can be found here.
- Book a consultation with ORSP’s Pre-Award Services staff who can advise you on a strategic plan for your research funding. We love to meet and speak with faculty – no need to wait for a specific grant opportunity to come along!
- Explore funding opportunities and claim your profile in Pivot and set up a search for funding opportunities of interest to you. Additional information about external funding opportunities is available here.
- Register for accounts relevant to your interests. A list of commonly used accounts is available here.
- Sign up to be a peer reviewer to get the insider’s perspective. Links to the reviewer application process for select federal agencies are available here.
- Review ORSP reports of sponsored program activity and our blog posts of awards & proposals by month to identify potential collaborators who are engaged in activities aligned with your interests.
- Attend professional development opportunities. ORSP hosts workshops and other professional development opportunities throughout the year. Federal agencies also host annual conferences and webinars for their various programs throughout the year. Sign up to be notified of upcoming events for each agency of interest to you through the links below: