Review funding opportunities like a pro! Ask yourself the following questions to determine if a program is right for you:
- Eligibility – What types of organizations are eligible and who can apply as the PI?
- Geography – Does the program fund nationally or only to a specific geographic area?
- Limitations* – Are there limits to the number of proposals an institution can submit and/or the number of proposals an individual can participate on?
- Priorities – Do your research objectives align with the program’s goals and priorities?
- Awards – How many awards will be made? If the number is limited, do you/UTC have the expertise and resources to be a competitive applicant?
- Deadline – Do you have enough time to develop a competitive proposal? Are white papers, preliminary proposals, or letters of intent required to be eligible to submit a full proposal?
- Budget – Is the amount of the funding available viable for the project you want to do? Consider both the program’s award ceiling as well as the average award amount among funded projects.
- Cost share* – Is cost share required?
- Special instructions* – Are there unusual proposal attachment requirements? Are letters of support required from Executive Leadership?
- Terms and Conditions* – Are there unusual regulatory compliance requirements?
*If items marked in an asterisk (*) apply to you, please contact ORSP or reach out to one of our Pre-Award staff immediately as additional considerations may apply.