Points of View and Omnifile
This activity introduces students to the concept of pre-research (establishing background information on a topic before getting into the databases) and to basic database navigation.
- The worksheet will take approximately 10-20 minutes to complete.
- The video will take four minutes to watch.
- Students will understand the importance of gathering background information on a research topic.
- Students will learn a strategy for identifying keywords.
- Students will be familiar with basic database navigation.
- You will need paper for printing the worksheet.
- Students download and print the Points of View keyword worksheet. Alternatively, worksheets could be distributed in class.
- Follow the directions on the keyword worksheet.
- After completing the worksheet, students watch a four minute video explaining how the keyword worksheet integrates into a database search.
- Introduction to Omnifile (video)
Teaching materials created by UTC librarians are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.