- Master in Public Health (MPH): University of Miami
- BS in Health Sciences: University of Miami
- Conducted a qualitative analysis of a series of focus groups to identify best practices in recruiting and cultural adapting a lifestyle modification program for diverse Hispanic populations.
- Developed and implemented a health care provider referral scheme to connect Hispanic patients at a free community health clinic to text messaging programs focused on improving healthy lifestyle behaviors.
- Conducted a community assessment of the physical activity and healthy eating needs of residents in a predominantly Hispanic community in Hialeah, FL.
- Served as a team leader for the FOGO Wellness lifestyle modification program. Provided
guidance, support, and motivation through the use of cognitive behavioral strategies
with program participants as they worked to increase their physical activity levels
and improve eating habits.
- Co-advisor for the Public Health Student Association (PHSA)
- Member of the Advisors' Council at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
- Member of the Tennessee Public Health Association (TPHA)
- Worked as an intern at the San Juan Bosco Clinic, a free community health clinic in South Florida, where I facilitated information on specialized care services to the patients and assisted with the development of a business plan to generate sustainable sources of income for the clinic.