- Ph.D. Nutrition and Food Systems, The University of Southern Mississippi
- M.S. Nutrition and Dietetics, Marywood University
- M.B.Ch.B. Medicine and General Surgery, University of Baghdad
- Using Socio-Ecological Model to address health and nutrition needs of population
- Community-based approaches to promote healthy dietary habits
- Nutrition education intervention through farmer’s market
- Acculturation and changes in eating habits of international students and immigrants in the U.S.
- Breastfeeding’s policies and practices in the U.S.
- Professional member in national and state associations including Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, American Public Health Association, America Heart Association, and Comparative and International Education Society.
- Editorial Board Member of several journals including Journal of Food Research and Nutrition, Journal of Nutrition, Diet and Human Health, and Journal of International Students.
- Research presenter in international and regional conferences including FNCE 2019, APHA 2016, CIES 2018, Experimental Biology 2014, and Dakota Conference on Rural and Public Health 2018.
- Implement and direct North Dakota Nutrition, a community-based nutrition education program through the farmer’s market.
- Provide nutrition consulting services and presentations for numerous organization and events including Alive & Well Podcast, Spirit Lake Diabetes Awareness Day, USDA Grand Forks Human Nutrition Research Center.
- Deliver medical care as a primary care physician to diverse underserved communities in the Middle East.