Students in the DNP Program typically use Google Sites to create ePortfolios.
The Studio in the UTC Library has created an excellent Pathfinder Handout that will help you with ePortfolios.
- Install Google Drive for Desktop on your computer to make it easier to store the files for your ePortfolio and other important documents. Create folders on Google Drive that will match the DNP template appropriate to your program of study.
(You'll still have to link or embed your files into your ePortfolio, but getting things organized on Google Drive from the start will save you from having to upload while providing other benefits of cloud storage.)
- Create the structure of a Classic Google Site using the appropriate DNP template.
- Go to Google Sites and create a "new" site.
- Create "pages" in your site to correspond with the folders in your stored items. These pages will automatically appear in the navigation menu.
- When you have items for those pages, link the files from your Google Drive. To do this, click INSERT at upper right, then DRIVE and select the document.
- Important: You must set the sharing permissions in two places: make your Google Site "public" and log into Google Drive and share your DNP folder with "anyone with the link" (do this at the top level folder and it may change permissions on all the subfolders inside--not, set permissions on every folder to "anyone with the link").