To promote public health and reduce health disparities across diverse communities through the application of knowledge, collaborative community-based research, and community engagement.
Creating healthy neighbors within our communities.
- Community Collaborations: A commitment to developing and supporting community health needs through strategic partnerships that positively impact our area.
- Diversity and Inclusion: We emphasize the University's and program's commitment to support, develop, and promote diverse experiences and perspectives in the curriculum, courses, and community's health.
- Student-Centered: A commitment to provide opportunities for students to become actively engaged in community outreach and research.
- Integrity: Through open dialogue and transparent communication, we welcome and include stakeholders in the decision-making process.
- Civility: We strive to cultivate an environment where collectively we build respect and trust, advocating for students, community stakeholders, and faculty.
Educate the next generation of public health professionals to enhance health and wellness in diverse communities by implementing the curriculum in real-world settings.
Support and enhance community engagement with faculty and students through professional and community service (P-CS) activities to address public health issues.
Engage in community and/ or collaborative public health-based research.