Students and Faculty Committees
Join a University Faculty Committee and learn how the faculty conduct business and contribute your voice to how students and faculty can work together.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Prepare, attend, and contribute to meetings,
- Read and reply to emails,
- Let the chair know if you cannot attend, and
- Be enrolled full-time, completed 30 UTC hours, and earned at least 2.5 GPA.
- Academic Standards & Scholarship (2 students): review and make recommendations for undergraduate standards and work with financial aid office on scholarship selections.
- Undergraduate Admissions (1 student): supervises general admissions policy, reviews special admission cases, and meets mostly online.
- Athletics (2 students): makes recommendations to the Chancellor in the general field of intercollegiate athletics, placing specific emphasis on eligibility, athletic teams' schedules and disciplinary rules
- Undergraduate Curriculum (2 students): Supervises the development of the undergraduate curriculum, meets often in fall and early spring semesters, over 100 proposals to review each year.
- Faculty Rating of Administration (2 students): recommends policies, procedures, and instrumentation for the rating of administration by faculty and for using rating results to improve administration.
- General Education (1 student): responsible for evaluating the effectiveness of general education demands a responsive and evolving philosophy of general education, meets often in fall and early spring semesters, around 30 courses to review each year.
- Learning Support Auxiliary Services (3 students): functions as a liaison between the faculty, students, and the offices on campus which provide support for classroom and experiential learning, also advises contract service providers (such as the bookstore, food services, etc.)
- Petitions (1 student): considers undergraduate student petitions for exceptions to academic regulations, meets often
- Student Media Board (3 students): supervision and policy making for student publications and media. A detailed description of the board and its work is set forth in the Manual for Student Publications
- Student Rating of Faculty Instruction (2 students): recommends policies and procedures for evaluation of faculty instruction and for using evaluation results to improve instruction.
For more detailed information about the committees, review the bylaws on our website:
For more specific questions, email Faculty Senate: email@example.com.