- Accessing the Re-Registration Form
The re-registration form can be accessed through your organization’s portal in MocSync by going into your portal and clicking on "Manage Organization" on the upper right side. On the next page, you should see the prompt to re-register. Please note: only specific officers within the MocSync portal will have access to this form (i.e. President, Vice President, Primary Contact, etc). If you are the organization representative who is assigned to complete this process but do not see the form, please reach out to Laura Petrus at [email protected] for assistance.
In the re-registration form, organizations will need to update profile information, constitution/bylaws, and the roster of current members, including current officers.
If you have trouble accessing your MocSync portal or do not see your organization in MocSync, please contact Laura Petrus at [email protected].
- Page 1: Instructions
The Instructions page will outline all requirements for registered student organization at UTC and briefly outline next steps to complete the re-registration process after the registration form has been submitted.
- Page 2: Re-Registration FAQ Form
The Re-Registration FAQ Form asks form submitters to review and acknowledge their understanding of registration requirements, expectations, and consequences of not completing the registration process.
- Page 3: Organization Profile
The Organization Profile page gives form submitters the opportunity to review and update the profile information currently listed for the organization in MocSync including:
- Organization Description Summary – The description summary appears underneath your organization name on the main organization directory page in MocSync to give users a preview of your organization. There is a 254 character limit.
- Organization Description – The description appears on the homepage of your organization’s page in MocSync and is an opportunity to give more details about your organization. Include information like your organization purpose, goals, membership requirements, etc. It can be as long or as short as you want. You can stylize text and add hyperlinks.
- Social Media Links – Include the URLs/Usernames for any social media platforms your organization exists on and those applicable social media icons will appear on your organization’s homepage underneath your description. If there are social media platforms you have that aren’t on the list, you can add those to your Organization Description.
- Organization Contact Information – Share any relevant contact information that exists for your organization, but make sure to pay special attention to the email address listed and update it as needed. It is not required to add a street address or phone number. The information listed here will appear on your organization’s homepage underneath your description.
- Additional Information – This information will appear on your organization’s homepage and helps interested students learn more about financial and time commitments that may be expected if they are interested in joining your organization.
Note: Changes you make to your Organization Profile won't appear live on your MocSync page until your re-registration form has been approved. The form will be approved upon completion of all requirements for 2023-2024 student organization re-registration. Timely completion of all re-registration requirements is important to minimize this delay.
- Page 4: Organization Categories
The Organization Categories page allows you to add/remove all categories that fit your organization. Categories helps interested students find organizations that fit their specific interests:
- Honorary/Honor Society
- Special Interest
The Assigned Categories column on the right has the categories already assigned to your organization. Select a category from the Available Categories column on the left to add a category to your organization. Select a category from the Assigned Categories on the right to remove the category from your organization.
Community Assigned Categories: There may be categories not included in the list above that are assigned to your organization. These are assigned at the community level to organizations that meet specific eligibility requirements (i.e. Student Media, Fraternity/Sorority, Campus Ministry, Club Sports). If you remove one of those categories, you won’t be able to add it back.
Note: Changes you make to your Organization Categories won't appear live in the organization directory until your re-registration form has been approved. The form will be approved upon completion of all requirements for 2023-2024 student organization re-registration. Timely completion of all re-registration requirements is important to minimize this delay.
- Page 5: Student Organization Additional Information
The Additional Information page asks questions for our office to learn how to best support you. Questions include:
- In what month does your organization expect to host officer elections?
- What topics/areas would your organization be interested in receiving trainings or resources for?
- In what way(s) would you prefer to receive trainings/resources?
- Which one organization category best fits your organization?
- Does your organization have an off-campus bank account?
- What additional resources would your organization be interested in, if available.
Most questions have built in options to choose from with an “Other” option for you to add additional answers not currently provided.
- Page 6: Organization Primary Contact Information
The Primary Contact Information asks for the information of main points of contact for the organization. Please be prepared to provide the following information:
- Name and UTC ID of Organization President(s)/Primary Student Contact
- Name and UTC ID of Organization Vice President(s)/Secondary Student Contact
- Name and Email of Organization Faculty/Staff Advisor(s)
Club Sports will also be asked to provide the following information:
- Name and UTC ID of Organization Treasurer(s)
- Name and UTC ID of Organization Safety Officer(s)
Campus Ministries will also be asked to upload a list of your ministry staff with titles and email addresses using this template. Campus Ministries will be asked for the name and email address of the Primary Campus Minister(s) in lieu of the Faculty/Staff Advisor.
This page will not be visible to chapters in our Fraternity and Sorority Life community.
- Page 6: Chapter Information (Fraternities and Sororities Only)
This page will only be visible to chapters in our Fraternity and Sorority Life community. This page asks for the following:
- Chapter designation
- House address (if applicable)
- Inter/national philanthropy/organization
- Primary Chapter Advisor name, phone number, and email address
Chapter Roster Information
- Must use this template
- Executive Board: name, position title, UTC ID, email and phone number for each member of your executive board
- Advisors: name, position title, email, and phone number for each of your advisors
- Residents: name, classification, UTC ID, email, and phone number for each member that live in a chapter facility (as applicable)
- How much are annual dues?
- When and where are chapter meetings held?
- What is the GPA requirement for active members?
- How many service hours must each member complete per semester?
- List of any other requirements members are expected to fulfill during the academic year
- Page 7: Organization Roster Form
The Organization Roster Form requires for you to make needed updates to your membership roster in MocSync. Once updates are made, you’ll export your roster and upload it into the registration form. Use these steps below to make the necessary updates and prepare to upload your exported file. Uploaded files that do not meet what’s outlined below in steps 6 and 7 will not be accepted.
- Navigate to the roster in your organization management tools
- Remove past members by selecting the checkbox to the left of a user's name and then selecting End Membership at the top. You can multi-select and end memberships for multiple users within the same page.
- Invite members not currently listed using the Invite People button in the top right of the page. Members previously send an invitation will be show on the Pending tab of the Roster where you can delete or resend invitations. Follow up with pending members to accept the invitation.
- Manage any prospective members listed in the Prospective tab by approving or denying those requests. The users listed in the Prospective tab are users that have requested to join the organization.
- Update officers using the pencil icon to the right of a user's name and selecting/deselecting a position (selecting will add a user to that position; deselecting will remove a user from that position). Positions can be added/edited using the Manage Positions button in the top right of the page prior to adding a user to a position.
- Download your updated roster by selecting the Export Roster button from the top right of the page once all roster updates have been made. Your downloaded file can be accessed in MocSync by selecting on your profile circle in the top right corner of the screen and selecting My Downloads. Selecting the appropriate file "Report - Organizations Rosters" to download the roster to your computer/device.
- Save and upload your exported roster from MocSync into the upload box below. Upload your exported roster as is. Please do not make any edits to the exported spreadsheet. Any edits needed should be made in MocSync prior to exporting the roster.
Click HERE for a visual guide with screenshots.
- Page 8: Upload Constitution - Bylaws
On this page, you’ll need to upload the most recent version of your organization’s constitution/bylaws. Past constitutions/bylaws on file for the organization can be found in your MocSync page in the Documents section. Please look at the document date to make sure you’re pulling the most recent version of your file.
If you are a UTC chapter of a national organization, please upload your chapter's bylaws into this section. Your chapter bylaws should be more specific to how your organization operates at UTC.
Your constitution/bylaws must include the following information. If information is missing, your document will not be accepted:
- The name of the organization
- A statement of purpose for the organization
- Membership eligibility requirements
- A listing of officers by title and any special functions of the officers/positions
- A statement of the terms of the officers and the time and methods for election
- Frequency of meetings
- A statement detailing any membership dues, including amount and frequency of payment and provision for the disposition of any funds (in the event of dissolution of the organization)
- Provision for faculty/staff advisor(s)
- A dissolution clause
- Any other provision relating to the purpose and function of your organization.
Need to start fresh? Check out our constitution template located in the Student Organization Manual.
Note: Your uploaded constitution/bylaws won't appear live in your organization's Documents section until your re-registration form has been approved. The form will be approved upon completion of all requirements for 2023-2024 student organization re-registration. Timely completion of all re-registration requirements is important to minimize this delay.
- Page 9: Affiliation and Additional Requirements (Club Sports Only)
This page will only be visible to organizations recognized as a Club Sport through Campus Recreation.
Club Sports Additional Requirements and Affiliation Information page outlines additional requirements and expectations needed by Campus Recreation. Be prepared with the following information:
Club Sports should be prepared with the following information:
- Name, phone number, and email address of the National Governing Body that your organization is affiliated with (if applicable)
- Name, phone number, and email address of any Community Groups that your organization is affiliated with (if applicable)
- Name, phone number, and email address of any other type of organization your organization is affiliated with (if appliable)
- Name, phone number, and email address of organization’s Coach (if applicable)
Club Sports will also be asked to review and acknowledge additional expectations of Club Sports set forth by Campus Recreation.
- Page 9: Risk Management and Harm Reduction Report (Fraternities and Sororities Only)
This page will only be visible to chapters in our Fraternity and Sorority Life community. This page asks for the following information to learn about each chapter’s risk management/harm reduction policies and practices:
- Does your organization require a guest list for chapter events?
- How is attendance tracked at chapter events?
- Does your organization have a guest to member ratio? If yes, what is the ratio?
- Where can you hold events with alcohol?
- Does your organization require sober monitors for events with alcohol? If so, is there a required ratio or total number?
- Does your organization require security at events? If so, is there a required ratio or number?
- For events with alcohol, does your organization require there to be “safe transportation” provided? How does your organization define “safe transportation?”
- Does your organization allow events that are BYOB? If so, is there a rule on the amount of alcohol that is allowed for each member/guest? If the event is BYOB, what system is in place to monitor underage drinking?
- Does your organization host events where alcohol is provided by a third-party vendor? When using a third-party vendor, how does your organization allow drinks to be purchased/provided?
- Does your organization allow hard alcohol to be present at BYOB events or to be served by third party vendors?
- How much general liability insurance does your organization require the third-party vendor to carry?
- Can your organization co-sponsor events with alcohol with other chapters?
- Do any of your off-campus activities qualify as a Special Event per City of Chattanooga guidelines and require a permit?
- Do you need written consent to host the event/activity from the chapter advisor/graduate advisor?
- How far in advance is event planning/registration paperwork due to your advisors and/or your inter/national organization?
- How does the chapter plan to address emergencies (medical, violence, weather, fire, etc) that may take place during chapter events?
- Have you reviewed the What Constitutes a Chapter Event? resource?
- LAST PAGE: Re-Registration Terms and Conditions Checkbox
On this page, the form submitter is asked to review and acknowledge awareness and understanding of the expectations of student organizations.