Veteran or active military
GET CREDIT for your military courses and experiences.
Transfer Equivalency Self-Service (TESS) will enable you to enter courses from your military transcript and get immediate feedback on the academic credit that will be awarded and how this credit applies to a selected degree program at UTC.
Courses can be evaluated with or without creating an account. Creating an account allows you to save your work and refer back to the evaluation at a later time. If you choose not to create an account you will still have the option of printing the evaluation at the bottom of the evaluation results.
Once you have your JST ready and are on the TESS homepage, complete all the initial information and then:
Select a School
Enter Joint Services Transcript in the search box and click on the link when it appears.
Select a Class
- In the search box, type in the course exactly as it appears on the JST (example: MC-2204-0088).
- If more than one course appears, select the one with the appropriate course title.
- If the same course title appears with different date ranges, select the course within the date range listed on your JST.
- To complete the remaining blocks:
- What was the term? Enter the semester as close as possible to the course dates on the JST.
- How many credits did you receive? Enter the total ACE Credit Recommendations hours listed on the JST for the course.
- What was your grade? Select “S” from the drop-down list.
- What type of credits? Select “semester” from the drop-down list.
- If additional courses are listed on the JST, check "Add another class from this school” and proceed.
- Once all courses are entered, uncheck this box and proceed. Then click the “I’m all done/Get Credits” button.
A course evaluation will then be displayed identifying how your military experiences translate to course equivalencies. At the very bottom of the page will be a summary of the equivalencies. Any courses that are not already identified in the transfer system will appear in red. For help identifying how these will transfer, please email us for assistance.