The Rollins Scholars program in the Gary W. Rollins College of Business at UTC offers you the opportunity to become a high-impact leader and business student while you make lasting connections with other business majors, UTC faculty, and Chattanooga-area business leaders. The program provides up to 20 outstanding incoming freshmen students with $4,000 annual scholarships for up to four consecutive years of study, which could supplement other private and public funding received at the time of admission.
As a Rollins Scholar, you'll be part of a community - attending core classes with fellow scholars, living in the same residence hall, and participating in hands-on, educational experiences outside the classroom. You will also be involved in a variety of activities related to your major.
The Rollins Scholars program was made possible by a generous $40 million gift from UTC College of Business alum Mr. Gary W. Rollins and his wife, Kathleen Rollins in July 2018. The College of Business at UTC was renamed the "Gary W. Rollins College of Business" in recognition of this gift and to further Mr. Rollins' vision to elevate business programming and curriculum offered to students at his alma mater.
Rollins Scholars will be offered a rich mix of experiences throughout their academic careers in the Gary W. Rollins College of Business. Program features include:
- $4,000 per year in scholarship support (for a total of four years)
- An enhanced business curriculum
- Guaranteed housing in the new West Campus residence hall with common spaces exclusive to Rollins Scholars
- Study abroad and internship opportunities
- Professional development and career preparation
- A series of special programs, informal gatherings, and other networking opportunities with Rollins College of Business faculty, alumni and business leaders
In addition to the financial support and enhanced educational experiences, participation in residential experiences like the Rollins Scholars program can provide:
- Higher rates of academic success and graduation
- Higher levels of satisfaction with the college experience
- Higher rates of participation in campus and community activities
- Increased career opportunities following graduation
To apply to the Rollins Scholars program, you must be an incoming freshman and begin classes in the fall semester. You must be admitted to UTC and declare a business major (Accounting, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Management, or Marketing) on your application.
Admission to this program is competitive and decisions are based on a variety of factors such as:
- Extracurricular involvement
- Leadership activity
- Two letters of recommendation
- A Skype interview
- An essay or video submission
- A well-organized resume
- Work experience
- Strength of your ACT/SAT and GPA
Rollins Scholars will have full access to the wide selection of majors offered by the Rollins College of Business. Dedicated advisors will work closely with each scholar to tailor an academic program in line with each student's needs and ambitions. Students will be offered a series of special programs and informal gatherings with faculty, alumni, and distinguished business leaders. These programs offer opportunities for networking with outstanding scholars and business executives throughout the year.
Application and Interview Dates
Applications are due by April 1, 2019. Interviews will be scheduled in April/May of 2019.
A Four-Year Program
Once selected for this prestigious program, Rollins Scholars will continue to participate in the program and receive yearly scholarship support by meeting the following requirements:
- Remain in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 and a minimum course load of 15 credit hours each semester
- Continue as a business major at UTC
- Participate fully in the Rollins Scholars program, including extracurricular activities
Our City is Our Classroom
Chattanooga is home to established businesses and a bustling tech scene. As a Rollins Scholar, you'll have opportunities to network with business leaders, engage with the city's vibrant business community, and apply classroom knowledge to real-world challenges - all while living on the beautiful UTC campus in the heart of a city named one of the best in which to live, work and play.
Enjoy a designated residence hall in the beautiful West Campus Housing. You will be required to live on campus your first year and are encouraged to maintain on-campus residency throughout the program.
Students will have the opportunity to participate in international business experiences designed by the Rollins College of Business. Students will work with faculty prior to and during these trips, and will also be awarded academic credit for them.
Originally from Chattanooga, Jaclyn worked in financial services before joining the Rollins College of Business to follow her passion for helping students. She has a master's degree in education and more than five years experience with learning communities and career services. Jaclyn serves as a leader and mentor while also working to help students develop the skills they need and ultimately land their dream careers.
For questions about the program or the application process:
Office Phone: 423-425-2788