If you believe an individual poses an immediate threat to themselves or other members of the community, please consider the situation an emergency. Immediately contact the UTC Police Department at (423) 425-HELP/4357 or 911 (from on-campus phone).
What is the Case Assessment, Review, and Evaluation (CARE) Team?
The mission of the CARE Team is provide proactive and supportive prevention, assessment, intervention, and management for situations that could compromise the safety and well-being of the UTC community. The CARE Team is comprised of select UTC Faculty and Staff, whose primary goals are to:
- Balance the needs of the individual in distress with those of the University community;
- Provide structured methods for addressing concerning behavior(s) that impact the UTC and/or the greater Chattanooga community;
- Initiate appropriate intervention(s), without solely resorting to student conduct or employee discipline processes.
The CARE Team is comprised of representatives from the following areas:
- Academic Affair
- Counseling Center
- Dean of Students
- Disability Resource Center
- Housing and Residence Life
- Police Department
- Safety & Risk Management
- Student Conduct
- Student Health Services
- Student Outreach & Support
- Wellness Education
Additional ad hoc members include representatives from the following departments and offices:
- Academic Departments
- Title IX
- Respondent Support Services
- Survivor Advocacy Services