Electronic technology has had a major impact on the interior design profession. The UTC Interior Architecture and Design program is committed to the integration of computers throughout the design curriculum. The laptop computer you purchase must meet the requirements of the UTC Interior Architecture and Design Program as described below.
Computer Purchase Requirements:
- CPU Type: i7 series processor or equivalent
- Video Display: 1680 x 1050 video display recommended
- Video Adapter: NVIDIA graphics card
- Memory: 12 GB of RAM (16 GB preferred)
- 500 GB Hard Drive minimum (1TB preferred)
- 15" screen minimum
- 802.11n WiFi
- External Hard Drive (250 GB recommended)
- Wireless external mouse with at least 3 buttons
If purchasing an Apple computer, you must have the appropriate software to boot into Windows and utilize the AutoDesk software.
- AutoCAD/Revit – confirm version with your IARC 1100 and IARC 3150 instructors
- Sketchup – most current version (cloud-based)
- Adobe Creative Suite – most current version (student purchase)
- Microsoft Office Suite – most current version (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) see link:
Although a laptop is NOT required with the upgraded specifications at the freshmen level, you will need a laptop when you register for IARC 1100 Architectural Drafting. This course is 7 weeks of hand drafting and 7 weeks of AutoCAD instruction.