Educational Opportunity Center
Connecting Adults to Education
The Educational Opportunity Center offers FREE counseling and information to those who do not already have a four-year degree and who want to enter or continue a program of post-secondary education.
Seeking to obtain a high school diploma or high school equivalent (HiSET / GED)? We can help! Contact us today!
Snapshot of Services
- Finding a GED program
- Choosing a college
- Academic advice
- Career counseling
- Completing college applications—we work with all accredited colleges!
- Filling out the FAFSA (Free Application For Student Aid) to start the financial aid process
- Learning about Tennessee HOPE Scholarships.
- Additional scholarships and grants
- Financial education and counseling
Who We Serve
Programs and activities are specially designed for:
- Disconnected students
- homeless students
- Limited English proficient students
- Traditionally underrepresented students in postsecondary education
- Students with disabilities
- Students in foster care or aging out of foster care
The Educational Opportunity Center is funded by the U.S. Department of Education.
Do you live in one of these Tennessee counties?
See how we can help you.
Preference is given to those who are low-income, first generation (neither parent graduated from college with a four-year degree) and are interested in attending college.