The John C. Stophel Distinguished Student Awards are presented annually to recognize high potential business students who have made significant and meaningful contributions to UTC, the Gary W. Rollins College of Business, and their communities while maintaining a strong academic record. The Stophel Awards are made possible through the support of Chambliss law firm.
Recipients of the Stophel Award are presented at a community reception during the spring semester and will be recognized as part of a display in Fletcher Hall. Students must submit an application in order to be considered for this award.
- Use the button below to open the application PDF. Read the instructions, then fill out the Award Application Summary and save the PDF to your computer.
- Write a letter (two pages maximum) addressed to the Stophel Awards Selection Committee. Your letter should describe why you think you would be an ideal candidate for the John C. Stophel Award, what your short-term and long-term career goals are, where you see yourself in ten years, and any additional information that you feel would support your application.
- Provide a copy of your current resume.
- Provide a current copy of your MyMocsDegree.
- Save your Award Application, your letter to the Selection Committee, your resume, and a current copy of your MyMocsDegree into a single PDF file and email that file to [email protected].
Applications have closed for the 2023-2024 academic year.