A virtual student conference focused on career and professional development
"Mind the Gap" is heard thousands of times each day in the UK Underground. The call is to remind passengers to be careful when leaving the tube as there is quite a distance between the train and the platform.
This phrase has also been used as a rallying cry to explore what's missing, what's not there, and what could be.
In an effort to provide improved access to our services, we offer a chance to choose your own adventure through a series of virtual conversations around career and professional development. The links below provide access to upcoming live presentations and discussions as well as previously recorded sessions. Select one or several topics and discover for yourself how to mind the gap.
This content is intended to serve students, alumni and others who:
• have yet to begin their career design work and would benefit from broad exposure
• have identified a career direction but would like actionable steps to maintain their progress
• have gained experience in their intended field and would like to learn how to express it on professional documents and through interviews
• are approaching graduation and interested in applying a bit more polish and another's perspective on their plans
• are interested to meet and network with their peers, alumni, staff, faculty, and employers on similar or related paths