Educating tomorrow’s technological workforce
Through excellence in academics, applied research and innovation, the UTC College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS) develops exceptional engineers, computer scientists and technologists to contribute to their fields and society.
Schedule a Tour
Come see how great life is in Chattanooga. Visit campus, meet with current CECS students and faculty and tour our facilities.
For more than 40 years, we’ve educated and trained the future engineering and computer science workforce for the state of Tennessee, the nation and beyond.
- Read a welcome message from the dean
- See our mission, values and goals
- Meet our administration, staff and advisory board
- View our enrollment and graduation data
- Explore our academic departments: Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Management and Mechanical Engineering
We offer a diverse range of academic programs to prepare our students to take on the world’s challenges.
Our undergraduate degree programs prepare students for meaningful careers in the engineering and computer science fields. Through hands-on classroom instruction and experiential learning opportunities, our graduates have the knowledge and skills to succeed in today’s workforce.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Chemical Engineering (BSChE)
- Bachelor’s of Science in Civil Engineering (BSCE)
- Bachelor’s of Science in Computer Science and Engineering (BS)
- Bachelor’s of Science of Electrical Engineering (BSEE)
- Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering Management and Technology (BS)
- Bachelor’s of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME)
- Bachelor’s of Science in General Engineering (BSE)
- Bachelor’s of Applied Science in Mechatronics Engineering and Technology (BAS-MET)
We offer several master’s degree and post-baccalaureate certificate programs in engineering, engineering management and computer science and a doctoral program in computational science.
From freshman orientation to graduation and beyond, we’re dedicated to helping our students succeed.
- Start by visiting the Center for Student Success, located in EMCS 344
- Read about some of the amazing things our students are doing
- Map out your time at UTC with sample four-year plans
- Learn more about academic advising and registering for classes
- Get involved with more than a dozen student organizations
- Apply for scholarships specifically for CECS students
- View the calendar for free peer-to-peer tutoring sessions
- See how freshmen students can live alongside others with similar academic interests in our Living and Learning Communities
Today’s students are tomorrow’s workforce. We’re here to help you get a head start on career planning.
- We offer several on-campus career fairs throughout the year-find out about upcoming events.
- Check out the latest jobs, internships, and co-op opportunities
- View more career development resources
Autonomous vehicles, smart cities, big data, zero-energy buildings, cyber security and more—UTC students and faculty are making new discoveries every day.